Pages

11 September 2010

Moving a Fridge Using a Tiny Skateboard

Monster Noggin will be moving house this weekend and we'll all be on hand to help.  I'll be assisting in the form of carrying small and light boxes whilst admiring the new house and the ocean view.  I'm not much good at anything else.  And it's not that I don't want to help, it's just that I tend to become more of a hindrance than anything else.  Everyone puts me to shame when it comes to heavy lifting; Monster Noggin, Ammy, Duke.  It won't be long before Squishy can handle more than me.  I just seem to mess it up.  I hold things at the wrong angle and lose my balance, I trap my fingers, I stumble up and down the stairs.  Basically I'm rubbish.  Ammy and I tried helping Mystical Roo bring our fridge up the stairs once and that was a terrifying experience.  Mystical Roo had most of the weight and me and Ammy were guiding the fridge from the bottom but all I could see was this huge fridge and was convinced it was going to squish us.  After that my assistance was no longer required.  It should be fun trying to move Monster Noggin's fridge as that thing's a beast.  I remember when we first tried to move it into the flat and the only way we could do it was by manoeuvring it onto a tiny skateboard before shimmying it over to the lift.  I can't remember if we sent it up on it's own but I think anyone at the other end would have been surprised if they'd been waiting for a ride.  Why hello, I'm a giant fridge.  So I wonder whether we'll be enlisting the assistance of that tiny skateboard again.  Maybe we'll have a better plan this time.  Either way I know I won't be involved.

1 comment:

  1. Possibly the only reason known to mankind for the BUNGALOW.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...