Pages

21 May 2010

Crazed washing machines and upside-down tumble dryers


Of the many things I've noticed and like about Australia, laundry rooms are definitely up there. I love that I have a separate room for my washing machine, ironing board and other such items. What a great idea. My laundry room even has a toilet, though I'm not sure if that's the norm. I've also noticed that tumble dryers seem to be attached to the wall and upside down. I have no idea why this is the case but I guess it's a space saver. I wish I could attach my washing machine to the wall because the damn thing keeps trying to escape. I don't know what I've done to offend the washing machine that it feels the need to flee but it's obviously upset about something. Maybe it's all the dirty washing I keep feeding it. Every time I turn it on it tries to bounce it's way out of the laundry room! Luckily for me it's normally thwarted by the aforementioned toilet. Ha! I say "ha!", the washing machine normally has the last laugh when I can't get the door open because it's wedged itself up tight against the toilet. Try moving a washing machine when you weigh 50kg and it weighs...well, a lot more. I have no authority with this washing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...