Pages

26 May 2010

Mystical Roo Knows Best

Mums always know best. This is something I've come to realise is very true. Mystical Roos always know best. This is something I have also (grudgingly) realised is very true.  With the weather looking dodgy this morning I went rooting through Mystical Roo's wardrobe to find a waterproof jacket. I figure with the jacket and umbrella I'll be fine. It isn't raining that hard anyway. Mystical Roo says no Stalky, get a taxi Stalky, you'll get wet Stalky. Stalky is stubborn and doesn't want to waste $10 on a taxi. Stalky is wrong. When I first stepped out the door, things seemed OK; my hair was tucked away in the hood, I was zipped up and ready to go. Sure the sea was churning and foaming, spitting out salty spray with more exuberance than usual. And yes, the sky was black and the trees were seriously swaying in the wind. Still, I thought, it's only a twenty minute walk to work. I'd only gone about five minutes when the wind started to howl and my umbrella tried to make a break for freedom (much like my washing machine). I wrestled with my umbrella and managed to get the thing back under control just before the heavens opened and poured it's contents on my head. My head, in fact, was OK. My whole upper half was OK. But my trousers started to absorb the rainwater faster than Spongebob Squarepants. I got soaked so fast that I didn't even have time to consider a taxi. Figuring I couldn't get any wetter than I already was, I soldiered on, arriving at work with puddles in my shoes. I left a trail of water all the way from the doors, through the office and out to the tea room. I had to admit defeat and phone Mystical Roo to a) admit I was wrong and b) ask him to bring me a change of clothes! Lesson learned. I shall never doubt the wisdom of Mystical Roo again!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...