Pages

24 May 2010

It's all Gravy!


Well, Mystical Roo and I decided to make ourselves a roast dinner last night as we haven't had roast dinner in many months, what with it feeling too hot and all. I put myself in charge of Yorkshire puddings, pre-beef preparation and the all important gravy. Growing up with mum's homemade gravy, I like to make my own, even though it'll never be quite as good as mums. Ever! Any hoo, so gravy is just like a bit of the meat juice, a bit of tomato puree (or paste as it is here), flour, veggie water and wine! Normally I make perfectly edible gravy, but not yesterday. Yesterday was bad gravy. Maybe the fact that the ratio of wine in Stalky to wine in the gravy was heavily unbalanced had something to do with the thick brown muck that was yesterday trying to parade around as gravy. My God, this stuff was so thick we couldn't even sieve it. We couldn't even sieve it! That's not gravy. That's a brand new food group. It's a good job Mystical Roo was there to keep things sane, or we would never have had any dinner last night. In the end, the thing masquerading as gravy was chucked back into the pot, doused in water and wine and then finally served. Not our best roast dinner but then we are out of practice. I won't let this incident stop me from trying to make gravy. Good gravy!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to come over and give you a master class! Mum x (I know it says Paul but it's really Sue and I hate computers!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...