Pages

16 February 2012

Balcony Dwelling, Strawberry Eating, Grape Hating Lizard

I've been aware of a lizard hanging out on the balcony of late.  He's not always there but every now and then he  pops out from behind the BBQ and says hello.  It's my belief that he now lives behind the BBQ.  I'm not really sure what lizards munch on but I decided that I would give him a strawberry.  And not just any strawberry but a strawberry from my very own garden.  What a lucky lizard.  It was at this point that Rabby informed me lizards were, are and probably continue to be carnivorous.  Still, I offered the lizard that strawberry anyway.  Of course as soon as I came over the lizard ran for cover, fearful of the giant lump that was lumbering towards him.  I made my offering and then returned to my seat.  It wasn't long before the lizard poked his head out and came to investigate.  He seemed highly interested in the strawberry and after eyeing it curiously he then proceeded to circle the strawberry before diving in head first.  That lizard mashed his face into the strawberry like it was the best treat in the world.  If I'd thought it was possible that lizard would have had his little lizard paws, claws, mits, wrapped around that strawberry.  He was loving it, coming up for air once in a while and opening and closing his mouth with a somewhat thoughtful expression on his face.  The lizard then spent the next ten minutes or so returning to his BBQ, coming back and circling the strawberry, mashing his face into the strawberry and then retreating.  So excited was I by this development that I decided to lay out an offering of grapes too.  Evidently the lizard does not like grapes because I haven't seen him since.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...