Pages

06 February 2012

Step Away From the Magazine

Does anyone else get nosey when queuing at Woolworths?  Or at Coles.  I don't want to appear biased.  Whilst I'm waiting at the check out with my trolley full of stuff I find that I end up examining the contents of other people's trolley full of stuff.  I can't seem to help it.  I watch people unload their shopping onto the rubber belt (I'm sure it has an official name) and I find myself comparing shopping.  Comparing shopping or merely wondering how many cats a person has to be buying that much Felix.  Or Whiskers.  Again, I don't want to appear biased.  I don't want to be accused of product placement or anything like that.  Anyway, I got thinking about this today because whilst shopping in Woolworths this morning, Rabby and I were queued behind a woman who had nothing in her trolley but magazines.  Magazines.  And this wasn't just a few magazines but actual stacks of magazines.  And the weird thing?  It was all the same magazine.  No variety, no mixture, just one magazine.  Rabby and I exchanged raised eyebrows and I had to fight the urge to ask the woman why she was buying copious copies of just the one magazine.  She may well have sold out the shop.  If I had wanted that magazine - which I didn't - I would have been sorely disappointed.  Because one woman had just bought them all.  All of them.  And I can't help my curious nature.  I want to know why she was buying that many of just the one magazine.  Is she in the magazine?  Is she doing that thing you sometimes see in films where a person will try and buy all the newspapers in their town just so that someone they know won't see an incriminating story.  Was Woolworths just her first stop?  Was she headed to the newsagent next?  Maybe she just really likes the magazine.  Or maybe she really hates it.  Or maybe she owns the magazine and wanted to boost its sales.  There are so many questions and none of them are answered.  Tis a frustrating life that I lead.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it contained one of those competitions like ... In what country is the Sydney Opera House? a. India b.China c. Australia?

    And maybe she knew the answer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...