Pages

15 June 2010

When Bathtime Goes Bad

I love bath time. Soaking in a hot tub with lots of bubble bath. Reading a good book or a trashy magazine. Sometimes drinking tea, sometimes drinking wine. Bath time is a relaxing luxury when you can just focus on chilling out whilst pruning up. But there are times when bath time can be troublesome. When the hot tap runs out of hot, when unidentified floating objects appear, when you fall asleep and drop your magazine in the water. Yesterday was an excellent example of a time when bath time can go bad. For reasons unknown I will take my mobile phone into the bathroom with me. I have since discussed this with Mystical Roo who thinks it's weird that I would take my phone with me at bath time. Am I worried that I'll get a toe stuck in the tap and have to phone for assistance? Do I fear that I may become locked in and have to call for help? I think it's more that I worry that someone won't be able to get hold of me if they need to. Not many people call me anyway but if they did it would be when I was in the bath and the phone was sat on the sofa. Ringing away with no one to pick it up. Should a phone be answered whilst one is lounging in the tub? And if it is, should you announce that you are in fact wallowing in bubble bath or try and disguise your whereabouts with as little movement as possible. Sloshing water is such a giveaway. Anyway, the phone accompanies me to the bathroom and is placed on the side with the aforementioned tea/wine/beverage. I've never had a problem until yesterday when inexplicably the phone leaps from my hand, does a little midair spin like some sort of telephone acrobat and lands with a "ploink" in the bathwater before promptly sinking to the bottom and landing with a thud. I was super speedy in retrieving the phone and made sure to dry it with a towel. It seemed to be working fine at first but half an hour later the screen had gone blank. Oh the shame! The clumsiness! I confess to Mystical Roo that I have given my phone a dunking, thus provoking the all important question "why did you have your phone with you when you were in the bath?" "It was dirty and needed a scrub." The phone was and is actually ok in the end. It just needed a bit of air I think. Poor thing had a bit of a shock. Will I learn my lesson and enjoy bath time without the phone? Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely NO 'phones in the bathroom. It's supposed to be 'escape from phones' time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it was clean bath water unlike most of my friends who somehow have managed to drop their phones down the toilet several times!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...