Pages

29 June 2010

Bend and Stretch

Mystical Roo will sometimes succeed in persuading me to partake in some form of physical exercise with him.  Not as dodgy as it sounds, I can assure you.  As you may or may not know by now, Mystical Roo is a healthy sort who watches what he eats and likes to run and stuff.  Now I can run, but only if given purpose, like maybe running away from a land dwelling shark or running towards my latest shipment of fruit gums.  I went for a jog with Mystical Roo once and I promised myself I would never do it again.  I think it nearly killed me.  He's taken me to the gym a couple of times but I have an aversion to the gym since shooting off the end of a treadmill and landing on my face.  We sometimes go swimming, where he does about 5 lengths to my 1 before I get bored and retreat to the jacuzzi.  What I do enjoy is our body balance sessions where we get to do yoga, tai chi and pilates.  This is less about stamina (of which I have none) and more about strength and balance.  I like to see how far I can bend my body into weird shapes.  Our body balance classes are always good fun and I like having Mystical Roo as my partner.  I'm secretly, or perhaps not to secretly now, a bit competitive and like to see if I can beat Mystical Roo by bending a little bit further or holding a pose a little bit longer.  This is a hopeless battle as Mystical Roo is much stronger than me, much fitter than me and can always touch his toes, where I can get down to about my ankles.  I'd hoped being a short ass would have made things easier as I don't have as far to go.  There's always an interesting selection of folks in our class and on busier days you can't help wondering if it's rude to be doing downward dog in front of a complete stranger.  I tend to position myself in front of Mystical Roo as I figure it's better to have him stare at my bum than that random man who sings throughout most of the session.  Yoga poses are a funny thing and often create even funnier noises - tee hee, but I've noticed that some people don't seem to dress appropriately considering all the bending and leaning involved.  One particular lady really could do with a sports bra or at least a top that's not quite so low cut.  I nearly fell over when I was faced with a full frontal of cleavage.  Mystical Roo was most composed and claimed not to have noticed our busty companion.  He's too innocent... 

1 comment:

  1. Touch zee toez, touch zee toez. Bend zee kneez, bend zee kneez. That's enough for today.

    Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...