Pages

04 October 2011

Beard Appreciation

This is the type of beard Mystical Roo is
currently sporting.  He claims Brad Pitt
copied him.  I don't know. 
Mystical Roo has a beard.  He's had a beard for about four or five years now.  It snuck onto his face one day and then never left.  I've always been of the opinion that hairy is scary but I've become accustomed to the beard.  Somehow, that beard has worked its way into my heart.  I have accepted the beard.  I even get use out of the beard if some chin scratching, pondering action is required.  I can stroke the beard without having to actually grow a beard.  I'm not even sure I could grow a beard but you just never know.  But whilst I've come to accept the beard as part of life I don't think I've ever shown any particular appreciation for it.  Sometimes I'll try to plait it but I don't think that's really showing it appreciation as such.  Mystical Roo got some actual beard appreciation in the form of three youths who liked his beard so much that they felt the need to actually yell about it.  Whilst walking on the other side of the road, considering I'm deaf as a post, I was the only one who actually heard these kids yelling "cool beard dude" and "dude, cool beard".  They might have just shouted "beard" at one point but I can't be sure.  When no one else paid them any attention I had to wonder whether I was hallucinating, my mind conjuring up images of beard appreciating teenagers.  You'd think my brain could come up with better hallucinations!  Then I figured Mystical Roo was too cool to acknowledge the kids.  He has a beard you know.  You don't just talk to anyone.  I mentioned this to Mystical Roo who claimed to have no knowledge of the kids yelling at his beard.  Maybe the beard had heard?  Mystical Roo certainly hadn't.  I went back to my original conclusion of tea induced hallucinations.  But it turns out Mystical Roo had seen the teenagers he just hadn't heard them.  Well I heard them and I promptly informed him that they were yelling praise at the beard.  I think both the beard and Mystical Roo were pleased with this development.  Personally, I think the teenagers need to find something better to do on a Monday afternoon than shout at random strangers and their beards.  But what do I know.  

4 comments:

  1. Cutting off a beard is the only non-surgical method for a man to become more feminine. It should be illegal. Viva Beards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you know there is an international beard day

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...