Pages

10 October 2011

Clean Your Bathroom, Clean Your Boyfriend

I've recently decided that one of my most hated chores is the cleaning of the shower.  I don't know why - it never used to be - but now the cleaning of the shower has become the chore of chores.  It seems to take ages. I'm faced with never ending walls of tile and glass.  I'm taunted by a little ball of hair that likes to lurk in the corner.  I get soaked.  I think the trouble here is the fact that the shower head is fixed to the wall.  In England I could grab the shower hose and use it to get my spray on.  Here this is not an option.  If I want to get some spray action going then I have to make use of a jug.  And quite frankly the jug just don't cut it.  Since when are jugs good for spraying?  They're not.  They're good for pouring.  Any hoo, Monster Noggin had the suggestion of cleaning the shower whilst in the shower.  Grab a few bathroom wipes, give the shower a clean, give yourself a clean (not with the bathroom wipes mind you) and you've done two jobs in one.  A cunning plan.  It also doesn't matter if you get a soaking.  It became even more of a cunning plan when I actually persuaded Mystical Roo to clean the shower.  I was patiently (sort of) waiting for use of the sink whilst Mystical Roo had a shower.    On a side note, if you turn on the hot tap whilst your Mystical Roo is in the shower you can extract all sorts of noises.  But you also get told off and splashed.  So, patiently waiting for use of the sink.  Pondering the household chores for the week.  I figure there's no harm in asking.  So I politely suggested to Mystical Roo that he might like to take a couple of bathroom wipes and give the shower a bit of scrub.  He was most receptive to this offer and immediately set about scrubbing the tiles.  I figured, whilst I wasn't doing anything, I may as well do the other side.  So there we were, Mystical Roo inside the shower, Little Stalky outside the shower, cleaning the shower.  We make a good team.  That shower was done in no time.  And I must say, I think Mystical Roo does a better job than I.  He's very thorough.  He was right in the grout, scrubbing away, throwing used bathroom wipes over the shower and requesting further supplies.  I should get him to do this more often.  Then not only do I get a clean boyfriend, I get a clean shower too.  Bargain.  

3 comments:

  1. We just have a shower over the bath. Baths are much easier to clean than shower walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're getting ready for a Bear-Z Inspection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't leave Mystical Roo with that kind of responsibility. That would be crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...