Pages

01 October 2011

The Curse

Well, it's the bank holiday weekend and even in Australia the weather for a long weekend never seems to be good.  This weekend will be no exception.  After what seemed like weeks of glorious sunshine we've now hit chilly temperatures of just 16 degrees and have been forecast wind and rain.  All weekend.  Marvellous!  But I blame myself for this.  Two weekends ago I was working and we were in the midst of a mini heatwave.  These last two weekends I've been off and the weather has been miserable.  It's a family curse.  We actually attract bad weather.  And it's not just rain and things. Oh no.  We'll bring on hurricanes if you're not careful.  We'll cause a monsoon in the dry season.  It's probably my family that's melting the polar ice caps!  We don't always have the best of luck when it comes to weather.  It can be glorious one day but watch out.  If one of us is bound for your country then you can guarantee that the moment we step off the plane then something funky will happen.  You may even get struck by lightning.  We have that affect.  I did warn Mystical Roo about this problem, I even thought he might balance things out but it seems I still manage to screw up the weather.  And because I'm off this long weekend it means everyone will have to suffer with me.  You remember the floods I reported on a while back?  Yes, I was there.  In the midst of it.  I just wish I could use my powers for good.  I wish I could bring on the sunshine.  With Rabby and Bear Z set to land in November and then stay for three months, if Australia has it's craziest summer yet then we'll know why.

3 comments:

  1. Get building that ark, and stop moaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember when we went to Florida and the orange crop froze for the first time in history? And the monsoon when we landed in the Bahamas?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...