Pages

23 March 2012

Laughing in Your Sleep

There are a number of things that might wake me up of a night: bad dream, noisy drunk, need to pee, too hot, too cold, phone going off.  Sometimes, it's Mystical Roo that wakes me up.  He snores on the odd occasion and has once or twice nearly pushed me out of bed.  He claims he was asleep the time his arm connected with my face but I still have my suspicions.  Any hoo, stuff wakes me up.  But the other night was a first when I woke up to the sound of laughter.  Blurry as ever when being woken up in the middle of the night it took me a while to work out what was going on.  Laughing drunks?  No, it was in the bedroom.  TV left on?  No, not that.  Mystical Roo?  Ah ha.  Yes, Mystical Roo was laying on his side and laughing his head off.  What I couldn't fathom was what Mystical Roo had found so funny.  And why was he laughing so loudly when I was trying to sleep!  I wondered if Mystical Roo had received a late night text message, a joke or a humorous video.  But in the grey I could just about make out his phone sat on the bedside table.  Had Mystical Roo had an insanely funny dream?  I was awake enough by this point to actually question him.  I gently asked him why he was laughing.  His response? "In the club."  This made no sense to me so I asked him again, only to get the same response.  Two things went through my mind at this point.  1)  Was he referring to the infamous 50 Cent tune "In Da Club" or 2) was he still tittering after watching an episode of "The Inbetweeners" that saw them in a club.  I was confused and it was only when I realised that both Mystical Roo's laughter and response made little sense that I deduced that he was indeed laughing in his sleep.  Not talking or screaming like a normal person but laughing. Oh well, at least he's happy when he's asleep.

1 comment:

  1. I often burst into fits of laughter at night. I usually have an earpiece in one ear, and am listening to a comedy show on BBC 4 Extra. Lady Magnon disapproves.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...