Pages

08 March 2012

Little Stalky's Over Active Imagination

Do you ever have moments in the shower when you totally freak yourself out?  Like you're stood there, thinking about nothing more important than what to have for lunch when all of sudden, out of nowhere, your brain starts remembering scary details of horror films.  And you remember that people in horror films get attacked in showers.  And then you realise that you're home alone.  And the wind is whistling.  And the rain is raining.  And the door creaks.  All of this is happening and you've got shampoo in your eyes, so you can't open your eyes because it will sting but you really want to open your eyes because all you can imagine is someone stalking towards you with a knife, gun, axe, pitchfork.  So you rinse the shampoo in record time and open your eyes only to realise that you have a really, really over active imagination.  Or is that just me?  Because this has happened to me on more than one occasion and I really spook myself.  I don't even know where I get these ideas from and maybe I should start locking the bathroom door but then I think I'd be imagining someone shimmying in through the skylight.  The skylight that doesn't open.  But still.  I was thinking about this because the other day I had an extreme freak out.  I was showering, as you do, pondering not very much at all, when I heard the door creak.  Of course there was shampoo in my eyes at this point and of course I started wondering if there was a stalker at large.  Mystical Roo was at work, I was alone and the door was unlocked.  We all know that I get randomers opening my front door - who's to say that one of them didn't make it all the way up the stairs.  So I set about rinsing the shampoo but wouldn't you know it, something really did make a lunge for me.  I felt it - on the back of my leg (obviously some evil being had snuck into the shower without me hearing it)  a kind of wet, rough hand followed by a sharp grazing sensation.  Obviously, someone with manky hands was going for my ankles with a blade.  Obviously.  Or, when I finally opened my eyes, an exfoliating glove and my razor had toppled and hit me on their way to the floor.  Yes, that's right everyone, I was attacked by an exfoliating glove and a razor.  It was the exfoliating glove, in the shower, with the razor.  Will my adventures never end.

2 comments:

  1. Do you also hear music? I was thinking of the stabbing background music from Psycho. Land dwelling sharks make a similar sound when creeping around bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes - scary stuff. Reminds me of the time I came face to face with a real intruder in the shower -a giant praying mantis.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...