Pages

01 July 2010

Practical Stalky

Whilst walking home from work last night (not in the dark) I got to pondering about practical and impractical attire.  It seems that when a situation arises that requires sensible clothing I end up diving into Mystical Roo's wardrobe rather than my own.  Last night I was wearing Mystical Roo's fluorescent jacket.  When it gets really cold I steal Mystical Roo's big thick hoodies.  If my assistance is required in the warehouse then I borrow Mystical Roo's t-shirts and jumpers.  Poor Mystical Roo must wonder where half his clothes go sometimes.  I must say I look spiffingly good dressed in over sized gear, particularly when it's fluorescent.  I had a good street urchin look going on the other day that drew many a stare from the men in white vans.  Dressed in Mystical Roo's t-shirt, fleece AND fluorescent jacket I looked like a child dressing up with spindly arms and legs just visible under a mass of material and safety gear.  Yes I'm cool.  But it does the job and whilst I may not look fantastic, I succeed in being warm, keeping my own clothes clean (sorry Mystical Roo) and giving off a luminous glow when when walking towards oncoming traffic.  At the opposite end of the scale, a night out with the girls will inevitably involve skirts and impossibly high heels.  So of course I'm cold, my feet hurt and I'm incapable of moving anywhere at speed.  I seem to go from one extreme to the other.  Is there a happy middle ground?  Maybe I should try investing in some practical clothes of my own.  If they actually fit me then I would look less like a hobo and more like a Stalky.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...