Pages

23 July 2010

Remote Control Mayhem

I've decided that I would quite like some sort of universal remote control, if such a thing exists.  My reason being that the remote control situation in our house is getting out of hand!  There's a remote for the TV, for the air conditioning, for the DVD player, for the surround sound, for the Digi box, for the PlayStation.  I find myself faced with a pile of remote controls and have to remind myself which one does what.  Not only that, the remote controls have started arguing and working against each other.  If I try and turn the volume down using the TV remote, the digi box remote gets angry and instead turns the volume up!  What's that about!  Having so many remotes also creates the issue of where to store so many remotes.  They end up dotted around on the arms of the sofa, down the back of the sofa, under the sofa but normally in the vicinity of the sofa.  I tried lining them all up once to create an orderly pile but decided this only created more confusion.  Every now and then you find a remote control acting independently, turning things on and off at it's fancy.  The air conditioning randomly came on the other day and made us all jump.  Yes it's on a timer, yes someone could have leant on the remote control but I think it's far more sinister.  Maybe the Terminator films had it right.  Maybe the machines...are coming to get us.  Oh my God and I'm sat here on my own, surrounded by remote controls.  Remote controls that may well be plotting my downfall as we speak.  Run away Little Stalky.  Run away!

1 comment:

  1. You could always colour code the remote with the equipment. Maybe you could start a whole new interior design trend. But beware the traffic lights they are out to get you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...