Pages

26 July 2010

Home Alone

I'm getting a little concerned at all the random people who try to get into the flat.  Now I'm sure that most of these occurrences are just innocent mistakes but it doesn't make it any less unnerving.  Our front door is next to the back door of the hairdressers and they look pretty much the same.  I figure people go out back for whatever reason and then pick the wrong door when they go to return.  Most of the time this results in me hearing the fly screen open, hearing the front door open and then hearing both close quickly again, I imagine as someone realises their mistake.  But I don't like this because I figure being at home on my own, I don't want some crazy wandering in.  So if I hear the door opening I'll shoot straight over to the stairs to check what's going on.  That way if there is a real intruder I can catch them at the bottom of the stairs with me at the top rather than have them surprise me by poking their head over the top of the banister.  Hello I'm an intruder.  Hello I'm Little Stalky.  Eek!  I'd have the advantage at the top of the stairs, I could drop things from a height.  The freakiest time was when I noticed the door sitting ajar and I convinced myself someone had snuck in.  So I locked the door and did a check of the flat.  Mystical Roo later pointed out that I could have locked myself in with an intruder but I argued that if I didn't lock the door someone could have snuck in mid check and I would have had to start all over again.  Ha.  But locking the door now seems the sensible thing to do if just for my peace of mind.  So when Mystical Roo goes to work and I'm home alone for the day the door gets locked behind him.  Sensible Stalky. 

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should put a sign on your door that says "Stalky's House" or "Beware of the Moose"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move into the letter box, and leave the apartment for post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...