Pages

22 July 2010

It's an Age Thing

Mystical Roo often teases me for obsessively taking my ID with me when I go out or when I go to buy alcohol, but honestly I do still get ID'd.  Apparently I have a baby face, or at least that's what a large bouncer told me once.  Who am I to argue with a large bouncer.  So the one time I go out without my handbag and borrow Mystical Roo's wallet is the one time I get ID'd in the bottle shop.  Actually it wasn't really me that got ID'd, it was Monster Noggin.  But neither of us had any ID.  I offered that I had my boyfriend's wallet and had his ID but surprisingly that didn't swing it.  I suppose we should have been flattered really but it's a bit of a hassle not being about to buy your bottle of Mojito when you're both very obviously 18 or over.  We were probably older than the woman serving, or rather not serving, us.  I own a house, Monster Noggin owns a business, I found a grey hair, give me my alcohol!  Grrr.  Maybe we looked suspicious buying a bottle of Mojito.  Maybe she thought we were going to go and sit in the park, at night, on our own and drink it straight from the bottle.  So we sheepishly head back to the car and confess to Mystical Roo that we've been refused service as neither of us had ID.  We figure we'll send Mystical Roo in to get our bottle of Mojito as he's old and beardy and never gets ID'd.  I think it took about ten minutes for Mystical Roo to return as he'd been lectured about buying drinks for people without ID.  Honestly!  Does Mystical Roo not look like a drinker of Mojitos.  What a saga that trip turned out to be.  But as I said, we probably shouldn't complain.  One day we won't get ID'd anymore and then I can whinge about that instead. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, don't complain. I'd love to be asked for my ID (not that we Brits have ID cards). Here in France even babies can buy Champagne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that'll teach you to go out shopping wearing baby-gro's!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...