Pages

13 July 2010

Spider Sneak Attack

So I'm scared of fish.  As noted previously, this is a legitimate fear as sharks are fish.  Now Monster Noggin and El Kenco are scared of spiders.  Again, a legitimate fear for those of us living in Australia as there are deadly breeds out here.  El Kenco, you live in England...nuff said.  Interestingly both El Kenco and Monster Noggin are convinced that spiders are actually out to get them.  I could laugh at this until I saw actual evidence of spiders in full stalking action!  There was a monster of a spider heading for El Kenco at our house back in England and it did appear to be charging.  This led to much jumping on the sofa and screaming.  Somehow we managed to get the spider out onto the patio but I can't remember how as neither of us wanted to touch the thing.  I'm not particularly bothered by spiders but I still don't want to touch them.  Too many legs.  Anyway, El Kenco was convinced that unless we killed the spider it would find it's way back in and seek her out.  There was going to be no relaxing until the spider was dealt with so we employed the assistance of a trainer belonging to Mystical Roo.  El Kenco dropped the trainer on to the spider but decided that wasn't enough.  We would have to whack it again but she couldn't pick the trainer up with her hand.  No, the spider might leap out for a revenge attack.  I think I was laughing too much at this point to offer any sort of assistance.  So the next thing I know, El Kenco has a coat hanger and is hanging out of the side door trying to hook Mystical Roo's trainer by the shoe lace.  Eventually she succeeds and with the trainer hanging from a lace by the hanger, drops the trainer again for another blow against the spider.  I'm pretty sure she killed it but was super alert for the rest of the night.  When we were younger I got a phone call to say there was a spider acting suspiciously outside her bedroom door.  Good sister that I am, I got out of bed and went to investigate.  Yes there was a spider, but whether it was acting menacingly I can't be sure.  Anyway, I found a shoe box and put it over the top of the spider to stop it harassing my sister.  No, no, no.  El Kenco tells me the spider is strong and will push it's way out of the shoe box.  Ok, so then I put a shoe on top of the shoe box so that the spider with super human strength can't escape!  Monster Noggin is plagued by Huntsman spiders at work and they really are scary.  You can actually see their eyes and everything.  Mystical Roo rather likes the spiders as he says they eat all the flies.  We had a huntsman at work the other day but it was on the ceiling and no one could reach it.  It got sprayed with some sort of bug spray but refused to submit.  This then led to much staring at the ceiling in case the thing decided to move and drop into someone's hair.  Then a broom was employed to poke at the spider and get it moving.  God knows what the customers thought when they saw a bunch of us staring at the ceiling armed with a broom.  It seems to me that spiders bring out strange behaviour.  Whilst I might go running from the sea if faced with a goldfish, I don't think I've ever gone out armed with a coat hanger and trainer. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...