Pages

20 August 2010

Revenge of the Demonic Soda Water

My plan for sneaking up on the demonic soda water has failed.  And in retaliation for my attempts, the soda water has in turn, snuck up on me!  Poor unsuspecting Little Stalky.  I was innocently ambling around the kitchen, making dinner, washing up and generally pottering when I decided I would make a drink for myself and Mystical Roo.  Without really thinking about I grabbed a bottle of soda water that had  been sat in the cupboard.  So, pour some lime cordial into the glass, chuck in a few ice cubes, grab the soda water, turn to Mystical Roo to make a comment, unscrew the lid and SPLAT!  Soda water everywhere.  And I mean everywhere.  The bottle practically flew out of my hands it was so out of control.  It was like a fountain of streaming water, an explosion of fizz, a torrent of liquid.  An uncontrollable beast that was taking it's revenge because for reasons unknown I had let my guard down.  Damn me and my trusting nature.  I was soaked.  There was water all over the counter top, water all over the floor, water all over me.  I was not impressed.  And all of this because I hadn't been paying attention.  After all my efforts to conquer the crazed soda water!  But it saw a weakness and took it's chance to launch it's most soaking attack to date.  But I'm back on guard now and won't be caught out twice.  We'll meet again and next time I'll have the last laugh.  Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. I once invented powdered water, but I couldn't find anything suitable to mix it with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to have to give up the soda water! It's just too dangerous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...