Pages

24 August 2010

Don't Mess with Duke

The other day we all happened to be at the unit and were chatting upstairs when a random car decided to pull into the yard.  We don't get many visitors so this random car caught our attention and had us all looking out the window to see who it was.  A young couple got out of the random car and stared up at us with grins plastered to their faces.  Who is this random smiling couple in their random car and why have they parked up in our yard?  Oh look, there they go, heading out of the yard and towards the shops.  Excuse me?  You can't just park up in a private business and then wander off.  I don't know what they were thinking anyway, it's a fairly industrial area and I would have been worried a random forklift might have come along and backed into my random car.  Ok so there aren't any random forklifts but there are lorries (or should I say trucks) that come by and large piles of stone that get left.  It's a bit cheeky to just park up and assume you're not going to get in the way of a businesses day to day activity.  Whilst we grumbled about the random couple and their random car Duke was already on top of the situation and heading downstairs to close the gate.  Ha!  Revenge gate closing.  Duke advised the couple that she would be closing the gate and apparently the response was - but we're going to the shops.  But you're going to the shops?  Then park in the shops car park, not ours, you cheeky little randomers.  Duke's reply was simple.  I'm still shutting the gates.  Otherwise the dog will get out.  And that's true.  We do shut the gates so that Sam doesn't go wandering onto the road.  Sam had since turned up at this point to pee in a bush, thus enforcing the point that we had to shut the gates.  The random couple grudgingly returned to their random car and swiftly moved on.  Of this random incident Mystical Roo remarked that he probably wouldn't have minded if they'd popped their heads round the door and asked if they could park up for half an hour or so but to just assume and smugly wander off is rude and we don't like rudeness.  And we definitely don't like random rudeness!  So, don't mess with duke, because she'll close the gate on your ass.  So there! 

8 comments:

  1. I think I would just have locked the gates, or let their tyres down, or tied tin cans to their bumper, or ... OK I guess I'm just a vindictive sort of Bear Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, tin cans tied to the back of cars Bear Z! Now let me think, 3am centre of Salisbury mean anything to you? Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar in petrol, 10 ton weight on bonnet, ex-military flame thrower, steam roller, dynamite, large container of Sam piss. Just a few random suggestions for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, I agree, random rudeness by random people in random cars in a random world sucks.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how cheerful your blog is. I smiled when I saw all the jellybeans! Love it! Nice job. I also enjoyed reading your latest post. I'll be back!! Come by and visit me too..oh and I'm lucky #13!! I'm a big fan of all things British!!

    http://cinderitaadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the use of the word random. Most randomly excellent

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you like the blog and thank you for saying so. I also love the jelly beans, however they tend to ignite extreme cravings for sweets and after blogging I often find myself in search of something yummy........

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...