Pages

14 August 2010

Little Stalky Gets Sick

As mentioned before, this household is sometimes prone to serious bouts of man flu.  And if you remember it's not Mystical Roo who is the sufferer but Little Stalky.  So...I'm ill and it sucks!  What is it about getting sick that means illness will always clash with something you were looking forward to.  Like going on holiday or something.  I managed to get ill on Mystical Roo's birthday, which super sucks because not only was I looking forward to enjoying a day with Mystical Roo but I absolutely must NOT complain because it's Mystical Roo's birthday and I'm meant to be looking after him.  I didn't do too badly and tried to keep my snotty tissues to myself.  Now the last time I got the flu I went to the chemist in search of some lemsip.  They actually gave me some amazing chemist own tablets that knocked that cold right out of my system.  I was confused at the time as to why they were asking for my address details when I bought them - apparently there had been some drug pedalling going on, but really, cold and flu meds?  Most random.  Well maybe now I understand why.  Those tablets were hardcore!  I mean, they really did the trick and I felt heaps better but I was away with the fairies.  I was lying on the sofa feeling decisively out of it.  So I have these amazing tablets but knew I couldn't take them because they'd knock me out and I didn't want to spoil the day.  Now today I know I have to collect Monster Noggin and Ammy from work and there's no way I would drive with those things in my system so I'm still holding off.  It's probably a good thing to be honest.  I'm not that sick, I'm just feeling sorry for myself and I shouldn't take them unless I get really bad.  I'll see how I feel when I get up for work tomorrow.  It could be a fun day in the office! 

1 comment:

  1. A really stinking cold lasts for two weeks, but if you take Lemsip, etc, it lasts for just 14 days.

    Get-well-soon. Cro.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...