Pages

08 August 2010

Mystical Roo: Modern Day Hero?

I'm not really an accident prone person, no, that would be El Kenco, but I do have a habit of finding myself in somewhat random situations that normally require the attention of Mystical Roo.  Setting my oven mitts on fire for example.  I guess a normal person would chuck them in the sink or something, but I just seem to stare blankly at the danger before screaming for assistance.  How did I set my mitt on fire?  I'm not really sure.  But I guess it was something to do with the gas stove I was cooking on.  On seeing the flames, I didn't even take the mitt off, I just yelled at the top of my voice.  As usual, the heroic Mystical Roo came to the rescue, multi-tasking by removing the mitt, chucking it in the sink, all the while scolding Little Stalky for being such a numpty.  What are you doing?  The sink is right next to you.  Plonker.  In a less dramatic turn of events I happened to be bathing the rabbit in the bath tub upstairs.  Rabbit's don't like to be bathed but I had been advised to do so by the vet as the bunny had poo stuck all over his butt!  Said bunny was not impressed with bath time and as I leant over the tub to massage poo out of his fur (yes I had poo on my fingers) he decided to make a bid for freedom and leapt over my head and landed on my back.  Oh my God.  I freak out.  Convinced the rabbit is going to jump off of my back, land on the wet floor and break a leg I desperately try to reclaim him.  But have you tried to grab a wet rabbit who is perched on your back?  No amount of yoga is going to allow that to happen.  So I'm stuck.  I can't move because the rabbit will fall.  I'm bent over the bath tub, poo on my hands, poo up my front and now, undoubtedly, poo on my back.  Excellent.  And the rabbit is just sat there.  So then I start calling down to Mystical Roo.  He has the TV on so doesn't hear me.  I call again, a bit hysterically now and Mystical Roo no doubt starts to wonder what crazy dilemma I've gotten myself into this time.  I hear him coming up the stairs and remember him saying something along the lines of "what the?!".  Little Stalky bent over bath tub, covered in poo, covered in water and the rabbit perched happily on my back.  Mystical Roo cups the little bunny in his hands and pops him on the floor.  Little bunny is thrilled to have escaped bath time and plods on down the stairs before promptly ignoring me for the next few hours.  I remain covered in poo.  Nice.  A chair fell on my head once, which I guess would explain a few things, and Mystical Roo was there in a flash to console a sobbing Stalky and provide ice for a big bump on the noggin.  He's also released me from the clutches of various items of clothing that I've become entangled in, taken over the chopping of onions when the tears simply become too much, carried my bags for me even when doing so means being seen with a huge zebra print, pink trimmed, suitcase.  Soon, he will defend my honour against the tyrannical manager of our gym.  Truly Mystical Roo is a modern day hero.   

1 comment:

  1. You should have put him/her/it in the letter box (old washing machine), and set it on 'delicate 30 degree with spin'. That shifts rabbit poo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...