Pages

27 August 2010

Weird Stuff: It's Out There

Once upon a time I saw an empty motorised wheelchair flying along the pavement with no one controlling it.  But that's not the weird thing.  It was being chased down the street by a young man wearing a pink dressing gown.  And he was being chased down the street by another young man holding a video camera.  And he was being chased down the street by a dog.  Truly a random incident that really makes no sense.  One of those moments that make you raise an eyebrow, open your mouth slightly and silently word "wtf."  Or, "how very bizarre."  Other weird things I've seen include a toilet perched upon some rocks in the middle of nowhere, dogs wearing ridiculous purple cardigans and matching booties (though I'm sure some people think that's perfectly normal) and a suspicious congregation of lizards that appeared to be stalking me on my way to work.  Oh the adventures I have on my way to work.  Anyone would think I travelled there via an alternate universe or something, where the weather is out to get you with evil intentions to swipe your leopard print umbrella.  I did see a man wearing a shoe on one foot and a slipper on the other but that's fairly normal I'd say.  I also saw a monster lizard that I initially mistook for a cat.  Yes it was that big.  I've since decided it's probably the leader of the normal sized lizards that were stalking me.  He was a monster of a thing, lurking in the grass, still as a statue.  I thought I'd take a picture of it on my phone but didn't get close enough and the image came out all blurry.  I didn't hang around too long.  It's lack of movement was freaking me out.  So, weird stuff.  My conclusion is that there's a lot of it out there!   

2 comments:

  1. Lizards hold meetings. A little like 'the counting' in Cold Comfort Farm, they all get together to see who's still there etc. Our annual lizard meeting is held on a semi-circular terrace just outside our kitchen. Bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know lizards held meetings, although they do wave to each other a lot. I suppose watching two lizards have a tug of war with a worm was pretty weird.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...