Pages

18 August 2010

OTBC

It's the start of football season in England and this results in a happy/sad Mystical Roo.  He's happy because the football has started but sad because the coverage here in Oz isn't great.  Poor Mystical Roo.  I do feel for him because he's a big fan.  With the start of the season I've somehow been drawn into a game of fantasy football.  My team, the Little Stalky Super Squad, aren't doing that great at the moment, but then, what do I know about football.  Not a lot.  I tend to choose players based on names I recognise and whether or not I feel sorry for them.  I had to have Robert Green as my keeper because there's something adorable about him, even if he's been losing me points (shaking my fist).  So I've picked my team and now I'm just going to leave it and see what happens.  Mystical Roo will monitor the action and tell me how well I'm doing.  Our team, Norwich, I think are doing ok at the moment.  They seem to do best when they're not being televised though, so I've come to the conclusion that they're camera shy.  Mystical Roo is not impressed that their best performances are the ones he doesn't get to see.  I'm a Norwich supporter by association I suppose.  Mystical Roo is a fan and so therefore by being his Little Stalky I become a fan too.  I even have my own shirt.  Though I insisted on getting a man's one because I like them to be baggy.  So I've gone from knowing nothing about football to knowing a little bit about football, from not caring about anyone to actually being happy when Norwich win.  I've been to a couple of matches and did enjoy the atmosphere.  Especially when we won.  I had hoped to see Delia though and remember watching the Canary mascot with a certain amount of envy.  How I wanted to wear that canary costume.  I imagine Mystical Roo would be proud...or maybe slightly disturbed.  Anyway, here's to a good season that results in many wins for Norwich, thus ensuring a happy Mystical Roo.  OTBC! 

3 comments:

  1. I know nothing of football. Never played it. However, the only place I've ever lived that had a half decent team was in London's Chelsea.. Chelsea.. Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grown men running around in shorts kicking a ball. And what's this business of pulling their shirt over their head and baring their chest when they score a goal? I might try that next time I win at ping-pong...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it was an interesting game of ping pong today. I lost and that is all I am prepared to say about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...