Pages

06 May 2011

Cunning Caterpillars

Those god damned caterpillars are up to their tricks again.  But this time they're being sneaky.  They're working undercover.  They're munching my plants, they're leaving their caterpillar poop and then they're disappearing before I can find them.  Whilst before they would blatantly lounge on the leaves, shaking their horns and growling at me, now they're scurrying away before I can deal with them.  Sneaky.  And highly pesky.  Neither I nor my plants appreciate their munching antics.  It's just not cool.  They've been at the lemon tree, at the basil plant and at the mint.  Nibbling their way through the leaves and generally being a pain in the bum.  These caterpillars are waging war on my garden.  Why can't they just go and munch on that pesky bamboo next door.  It's obviously not as tasty as my amazing plants.  I've had the spray out again - the spray that I keep forgetting the name of - and this does seem to do the trick.  I've certainly noticed less poop and no new holes so I think the caterpillars have been deterred for the time being.  I can see I'm going to have to monitor the situation.  Maybe if I catch them in the act I can make an example of one of them and scare the others off.  Bad caterpillar activity will not be tolerated.  Not in my garden. 

3 comments:

  1. Rabby's hibiscuses (hibiscii?)are currently under attack from blackfly but he's come up with a 'green' solution. We have a kilo of nettle leaves fermenting in a bucket and in two weeks time the idea is to dilute the nettle goo with water and spray it over the bushes. I think the concoction will stink so bad the blackfly will just lose the will to live! Next problem is how to stop the lizards from eating my strawberries...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to be firm with them. Tell them no, naughty lizard. Behave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My huge Artichoke plants are covered in blackfly this year. Maybe I'll try the nettle brew too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...