Pages

20 May 2011

Little Stalky Contemplates Crazy Town

I am once again being driven to the edge of crazy town by those helpful machines known as computers.  Actually I don't think it's so much the computers themselves as the programmes that I'm attempting to work out.  My new computer, the one which I'm currently using, is very well behaved.  My main issue seems to be with email at the moment.  I found, what seemed to be, a way to get all of my emails zooming into one account.  Busy Stalky that I am I have a number of email addresses for different uses.  Good, except for the fact that I have to log on to different accounts to check the various different inboxes.  I thought I'd found the answer and was excited to think that all this mail would just be accessible in one point.  And it worked.  At first.  But then something changed.  God knows what.  And everything stopped working.  Emails started duplicating, emails wouldn't get sent and Little Stalky started bashing her head against a wall.  I think the most frustrating thing is I can't understand what changed.  I didn't change anything.  So why was it working one day and then not the next.  Bloody temperamental thing.  I try to troubleshoot the issue but my  IT knowledge is limited and I get to the point where I don't know what to do next.  The help button advises me that I need to speak to my administrator.  My administrator?!  I'm my administrator!  And the administrator doesn't know what to do next.  So I might have to give up and go back to my original plan of just checking these email accounts separately.  Otherwise I might drive straight into the centre of crazy town and decide to set up shop.

1 comment:

  1. If you use Windows Live Mail, you should be able to have all your Email addresses on the same page. It works for me (except for my French account)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...