Pages

21 May 2011

Little Stalky Enjoys the Afternoon

It's a funny time of year at work where things really get quiet and I, as a casual, don't get many shifts.  Today I actually got sent home early.  I'm never overly thrilled about working on the weekend but at the end of the day it is good money.  But today I only did 4 of 9 hours before it was decided that it was simply too quiet and I got sent home.  I'm always torn between being happy to enjoy the rest of my Saturday afternoon and disappointed that I've lost out on earning some money.  Today I think I was happy to enjoy the afternoon.  It's been a glorious day and as I wandered home from work I couldn't help but contemplate a swim.  Instead I put on my rubber gloves and set about doing the dishes.  Yes, I'm fun and spontaneous.  Actually, as if sensing my need for fun and spontaneity, Monster Noggin phoned to see about going for an afternoon beer.  Well who am I to say no to an afternoon beer.  So after doing the dishes I finished off the afternoon at the Blue Diamond and once again had to marvel at the beautiful town in which I live.  We were sat there, Monster Noggin and I, watching the sun go down over the ocean and it was just perfect.  We enjoyed our beer, had a good natter and watched as three fully grown men played with a toy aeroplane in the park.  Actually the toy aeroplane was fairly impressive.  So, we actually watched the sun go down over the ocean whilst a toy aeroplane did acrobatics in the sky.  Beer, good company, a great location and entertainment.  Sounds like a good afternoon to me.  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me. Wish I was there with you! Although it aint arf bad here at the moment. Barney Owl did an aerobatic display over the courtyard for us last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, the Aussie world hasn't ended. That gives us hope for 3 hours time. I been so terribly, terribly nervous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...