Pages

07 May 2011

Little Stalky and Mystical Roo Return to the Hungry Duck

I don't mean to go on - but I will anyway - but the Hungry Duck in Berry is officially the best restaurant in the world ever!  Ever!  Mystical Roo and I leapt on the chance to use our gift voucher and booked ourselves a table for two on Thursday night.  It was perfect.  Eating the most amazing food, drinking a nice glass of wine (no Lambrusco in sight), chatting with my Mystical Roo; all of this for two and half hours.  We had our first experience of raw fish in the form of tuna served with wild wasabi and fish roe.  I like to think of myself as an adventurous kind of foodie and so dove straight in.  It was beautiful.  So flavoursome.  The perfect taste and texture.  After that we had a tempura zucchini flower with a soy dipping sauce.  Divine.  Then - possibly my favourite dish - the amazing pork dumplings.  Words cannot describe the taste of these heavenly morsels.  Then we were on to a serving of king fish and a side dish of green beans with cashew nuts and a buttery sauce that tastes so good I had to step away from the spoon just to stop myself from drinking it.  We then had an alpaca - yes that's an alpaca - curry.  Who knew you could eat alpaca.  Well apparently you can.  And yes, it's delicious!  I'd liken it to duck.  Tender and tasty.  We finished the evening with a dessert both sweet and light and amazing.  Mine came in the form of a trifle.  Mystical Roos was...well I can't remember.  But I remember the taste!  And it was good.  We topped all of this off with a rather special cup of coffee before heading home for the night.  It was a dining delight!  If you weren't hungry when you started reading this, I bet you are now! 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...