Pages

29 May 2011

Little Stalky is Confused by the Seasons

Living upside down in Australia causes me all sorts of confusion.  Especially when it comes to the seasons.  I still get muddled up when it comes to Spring and Autumn.  The amount of times that people ask to book for the Spring school holidays and my brain just goes into meltdown as I try to confirm when Spring actually is.  To me, Spring is now but it's not.  It's Autumn.  I don't know how long it will take me to adjust but I hope it's soon because it's starting to boggle my brain.  The other problem I face is it's at this time of year that I start to feel all festive.  I associate Christmas with cooler weather and with the wind blowing and snuggling up with the Snuggie I have to fight the urge to whip out a Christmas tree and start singing carols.  When Christmas does eventually come round and it's scorching hot I find it hard to get into the traditional festive mood.  But it seems it's not just me that feels festive around this time of year as the Aussies regularly celebrate Christmas in July.  It's an opportunity to have a proper roast dinner with all the trimmings and enjoy it whilst the weather is cool.  That's fine with me.  Any excuse to have a roast dinner. 

2 comments:

  1. Christmas on the beach has never seemed right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to my Christmas in Oz. Shall I try and squeeze the Xmas tree and baubles into my suitcase?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...