Pages

07 October 2010

Little Stalky and Mystical Roo go to Dinner

Why is it that when you're running late everything seems to go wrong.  As if being late isn't frustrating enough, then obstacles start getting chucked in your direction just to add to your torment.  On Friday Mystical Roo and I had decided to go out for a meal together as a special treat.  We were really looking forward to it but with us both working that day there were delays and we got home about ten minutes before our table was booked for.  I hate being late for anything and as much as Mystical Roo tried to calm me down I was still dashing around the house like a woman possessed.  I'd already anticipated a bit of a rush that night so had done my hair and make-up with the intention of not having to touch it before we had to leave.  All I had to do was get changed.  Easy.  Yes.  But then I caught sight of my chin and forehead and decided I had a bit of a shine going on.  A bit of powder will fix that.  And it normally does.  So when I rushed back into the lounge why did Mystical Roo give me such a funny look?  Dude, you look totally bruised.  Bruised?  Why this was not the look I was going for.  How can I possibly look bruised.  I launch myself into the bathroom, where I must say the light is much, much better and realised Mystical Roo was correct.  I did indeed look like someone had walloped me in the face.  The horror!  The bloody make up brush had picked up some of the black eye shadow powder from my eye brush and I'd inadvertently smeared black eye shadow over my chin and forehead.  Shiny is not a great look but it's not as bad as faux bruising.  I hurriedly tried to rub the powder off but realised there was still a dark shading that now made me look like I had stubble.  I frantically returned to my make-up case and retrieved the offending brush.  Being careful to remove all the black powder I re powdered and returned to the waiting Mystical Roo.  He confirmed it was better.  Better because my skin was hidden under numerous layers of powder.  I conceded it was the best I could do and we left the house with me hoping the restaurant would have low lighting and plenty of wine.  It did.  And after my initial panic Mystical Roo and I had a delightful evening.  Even if I did spill some red sauce down my white top.  Oh Mystical Roo, he's a lucky man to have a lady such as I. 

2 comments:

  1. You could also simply have placed small strips of Elastoplast over each 'bruise', and added a slight limp. Then, if anyone had said anything just whisper 'It wasn't him, honestly it wasn't'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...