Pages

01 October 2010

Mystical Roo Loses his Keys

To me Mystical Roo is an almost perfect kind of fellow.  But one of the few things Mystical Roo isn't very good at is remembering where he left things.  His wallet for example.  Or his phone.  Or his keys.  Or his camera.  The list goes on.  There are numerous occasions where I will hear Mystical Roo shuffling around before uttering the all too familiar "have you seen my...."  So when Mystical Roo lost his keys it was no great surprise.  And I have my own set of keys and Monster Noggin has the spares so it's not like we were locked out of the house or anything.  But Mystical Roo did have the only set for the garage.  And the only set for the post box.  Cue super snaffling Stalky!  The only trouble was a lot of the post had dropped right to the bottom and was out of my reach.  I dangled my hand in further than it's ever gone before, but still I could not retrieve the mail that was awaiting us.  Furthermore, the only mail I could retrieve was the mail that had been put in their incorrectly by the postman and actually belonged to the hairdressers.  So I returned their mail with a polite smile whilst secretly cursing the fact that my own mail continued to go unopened.  I was pondering some sort of coat hanger creation as a device for getting at my post when a week or so later Mystical Roo announces that he has found his keys.  Thank God.  But where were they Mystical Roo?  In the car?  Down the back of the sofa?  In a drawer perhaps?  No.  They were on his desk.  Hidden beneath a single sheet of paper.  Who knew that paper was so wily; capable of hiding a massive ring of keys for several days.  I think it's about time Mystical Roo tidied his desk!

2 comments:

  1. What is it about hairdressers? Years ago, back in the UK, we had a very similar phone number to a hairdresser. I took hundreds of bookings; I've always wondered what happened when those women turned up!

    Bring back the 'Chatelaine'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...