Pages

23 October 2010

Semi Snaffling a Rocking Chair

Mystical Roo is very happy to have recently acquired a rocking chair.  Or semi snaffled a rocking chair.  Or even more precisely temporarily semi snaffled a rocking chair.  It actually belongs to Ammy and Mystical Roo has had his eye on it for as long as I can remember and with a recent move he has offered to give it a home.  Temporarily.  It's a very cool rocking chair and I can't help but think it would look great in our future farmhouse but I'm not sure how long Mystical Roo will be able to hold on to it for.  He's technically baby sitting it.  Taking care of the rocking chair.  It was one of the few things I actually helped lift and move during the move only for it to be returned again.  It still managed to provide entertainment though.  I was under strict instructions to place the rocking chair in the lift - I hate lifts by the way - join the rocking chair in the lift and then rock on the rocking chair whilst riding the lift.  An excellent plan.  And a strange sensation I must say; rocking back and forward whilst moving up.  Just a shame there were no other residents to greet me when I arrived on the first floor.  Now that would have been a conversation starter.  Hello, I've moved into the lift.  With my rocking chair.  Goodbye.  After a quick peek at the new digs the rocking chair was subsequently returned to the lift, where Mystical Roo had his go rocking and riding before it was bought home to Chez Stalky.  The rocking chair now has pride of place in lounge where Mystical Roo, of the semi snaffling variety, likes to read the newspaper.  Lovely

1 comment:

  1. There is actually something called rocking chair therapy, supposed to cure all ailments. Get rocking little Stalky.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...