Pages

18 October 2010

Little Stalky Frowns Upon Weird Creepy Car Man

I had a bit of an unnerving experience on my walk to work the other day and I wasn't sure whether to write about it or not but in the end I decided I would, if just as a reminder to the ladies out there to be alert when on your own!  I was on my usual route to the holiday park, tracksuit donned, rucksack on and earphones in.  As I was walking through a residential street this random car pulled up next to me, I assumed to ask for directions.  I took out my headphones and looked at the driver who promptly decided to tell me what a nice body I had.  Eugh, eugh, eugh.  What the hell is a Little Stalky supposed to say to that very weird comment.  So I raised an eyebrow and offered a vague note of thanks.  The driver then went on to tell me he'd had to drive past me a number of times just to get a better look.  Great.  And you're not coming across as creepy or stalkerish at all.  Then he asked me if I was single.  No I most certainly am not.  I have a Mystical Roo thank you very much.  It was at this point that I made a hasty getaway and ran the rest of the way to work.  Now I'm sure this guy was just being cheesy but it's just not right to pull up next to girls as they walk on their own down the street.  And this was in the morning in broad daylight.  I made sure to tell the girls at work about my creepy encounter and they asked me if I got the rego number.  To be honest I hadn't even thought about it.  I just wanted to keep on moving.  But it's a lesson to the ladies out there to be alert when walking on your own.  Even if it is in a residential street with people mowing their grass and the middle of the day.  Some people are just weird.  Be alert and be aware of who's around you.  If someone does pull up next to you don't go near the car and if you feel like running then just run.  And if you feel like screaming then just scream.  Don't let anyone push you around!  But don't worry anyone who's worrying; I'm fine.  Little Stalky can be a fiesty little bugger and weird blokes in cars can just jog on.

4 comments:

  1. oh no thats soo weird, what did he think would happen apart from get arrested! very good lesson little stalks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrr! B.....y creeps. Go careful little Stalky. It's not just land dwelling sharks you have to look out for. If it's dark get a taxi (Rabby says he will pay!).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...