Pages

16 October 2010

The Mother of all Thunderstorms

My goodness when it rains in this country it really bloody rains.  It's like it decides to get a few days worth of rain out in one ten minute slot.  As I write this there is the mother of all thunderstorms happening outside and with Mystical Roo yet to return from work I'm looking all wide eyed and nervous.  It's like the storm is right above the flat and refuses to move on.  The lighting flashing outside is so bright that it's lighting up the living room.  And then the thunder that follows seems to rumble on for an age.  Can thunder actually make the room shake?  Because it feels like it.  It feels like a giant is doing a jig on the roof.  How very inappropriate!  I see the lightning flash and I feel myself flinch like I do when waiting for fireworks to go off in the sky.  I know there's going to be a beasty rumble of thunder to follow but I don't quite know when it will arrive.  The first lot actually caused me to jump and even yelp slightly.  What a wimp.  The sea looks impressive though.  The storm seems to whip the waves up into a frenzy and it's really churning out there.  All I can say is it's a damn good job I got home from work when I did.  If I'd been caught out there in this I would not have been a happy Stalky!

2 comments:

  1. Quote from Illawarra Mercury "Freaky Friday, get ready for snow, wild wind and record rainfall." At least you didn't have to take shelter in the church doorway in your bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quote from Cro "I love storms, as long as I'm not taking shelter in a church doorway in my mankini".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...