Pages

06 October 2010

Little Stalky gets an Entourage

With the weather getting hotter by the day my walks to work are starting to get harder.  Trudging through the wind and rain in your foaming waterproofs whilst trying to keep hold of your leopard print umbrella might seem tough but it's really nothing compared to the laborious walk under the beating Australian sun.  Now that's tough.  It wouldn't be so bad if I was just walking to the beach or something but turning up at work hot and sweaty is not cool.  So in the summer I tend to take longer getting to work, forcing myself to keep a slow pace to try and stay cool.  Yesterday I got my first taste of full on sunshine and whilst I expected to get hot I didn't expect the entourage of bugs that decided to tag along.  Bloody bugs!  They latched on to me pretty much as soon as I'd left the house and continued to swarm around me like crazed insect like fans.  Imagine them with tiny cameras and they'd be the pest paparazzi.  At first I bat them away hoping that they'll find someone else to terrorise but no, they insist on staying.  Buzzing around my head, landing on my arms, my face, zipping in front of my eyes, dive bombing me from a great height!  I started to worry that people would think I was a little hobo or something.  I don't think it's a good look to be hanging out with a swarm of flies.  Yuck.  It then occurred to me that people were probably more interested in my strange moves as I continued to lash out at the bugs, which to be honest, were probably invisible to onlookers.  Once again I manage to attract attention for all the wrong reasons.  I became more and more frustrated as the bugs continued to torment me and my flapping became so irate that I pretty much slapped myself in the face.  Great.  And then a bug flew into my mouth, which caused a very ladylike coughing and spluttering.  By the time I arrived at work I was hot, sticky and covered in dead bugs.  It's about time Mystical Roo bought me a jet ski.  Then I could skip this walking malarkey and simply ride to work via the ocean.  Wet and salty versus hot and sticky.  Hmmm.  

5 comments:

  1. You make Oz sound so enticing.

    Personally I have one of those African horse's tails on the end of a stick thingy. Swat with style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swat with style; I like it. I should have brought out the LPU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start saving the wine bottle corks and tie them to your hat! Or stick a pet lizard on your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At last a sensible solution. Do corked hats come in leopard print?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...