Pages

17 October 2010

Little Stalky Loves Grapes

There are lots of reports flying about at the moment claiming that Australia is one of the most obese nations in the world.  Mystical Roo and I were discussing this and wonder how much of this is down to the ridiculously cheap junk food over here.  I thought fast food was cheap in England but here it's outrageously cheap.  And there are fast food places all over the shot.  Mcdonalds, Hungry Jacks (Burger King to the pommies), Red Rooster, Dominos, Pizza Hut.  They're just everywhere.  So everyone is surrounded by fast food places that sell their food at such low prices.  I suppose it's no wonder some people are sucked in.  Now I do like a bit of junk food just the same as the next person but I wouldn't want to eat it all the time.  Yes I like a cheeseburger but I also like strawberries and cherries.  I'd support a tax on all of this fast food if there was some way of cutting the price of the healthier items that I enjoy just the same.  I'd happily pay more for my pizza if I could get a huge bag of grapes for a better price.  I love grapes.  I think I'm on to something here but I'm not sure everyone else would agree with me.  On that note I'm off to eat some grapes.  I love grapes.  

2 comments:

  1. I really like grapes but I tend to have mine from a bottle. Hmm seriously,I do miss picking them off the vine though on my way to the potager. I don't even have to worry about getting in trouble for spitting the pips out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just dumped about 10 bucket-loads on the compost.... Over production.

    The answer to fast-food-joints; just ignore them! I've never been in one in my life (other than the occasional proper pizza restaurant).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...