Pages

19 October 2010

Little Stalky and Mystical Roo see Dolphins!

Mystical Roo and I were driving down the main street of our little town over the weekend when I caught sight of something in the harbour.  My Stalky senses were tingling!  I was pretty sure I could see fins and content that there was no danger of land dwelling or ocean dwelling shark behaviour I alerted Mystical Roo to my spot.  Dolphins at three o'clock!  We did what any normal pommie would do and whipped around to the car park before running across the green armed with a camera.  I know we shouldn't partake in such tourist like behaviour in the town in which we live but it was dolphins.  Dolphins!  There was a little crowd gathered near the rocks including one gentleman who was waving at the dolphins like they were old friends.  Perhaps he's a dolphin by night.  Who knows.  Any hoo, Mystical Roo was on camera duty as normal.  My shaky hand and penchant for clumsiness do not make for good photographs.  But the dolphins were just beautiful.  They were diving in and out of the waves, gliding through the water without a care in the world.  We watched them round the headland and it was then we realised the Dolphins were on their way round to Monster Noggin's neck of the woods.  So we ran back towards the car, Mystical Roo jogging like a pro talking the whole way, Little Stalky panting and wheezing and trying no to look like a remould.  We zipped off towards the next beach, where Monster Noggin has a rather nice beachfront apartment and launched up the stairs to announce that dolphins were on the way!  Exciting news!  We interrupted Monster Noggin from hair straightening activity and confirmed that dolphins had been spotted and were headed this way.  We were sure of it.  So the three of us stood by the windows watching the ocean and sure enough the dolphins arrived.  I think Monster Noggin was pretty impressed that we could predict this kind of dolphin activity!  Mystical Roo got some more excellent photos and we watched in awe as the dolphins surfed with the waves before heading onwards to the next beach.  I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to seeing whales and dolphins like that.  I hope I never do.  



Dolphins from Monster Noggin's Apartment



2 comments:

  1. Can u let me know when the Stalky predicter goes off next time. We can meet you at the beach then. Hmm! 48hrs notice would be excellant as it takes a while to get there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...