Pages

13 October 2010

Squiffy Stalky Signals

It's a disappointing morning when you go to have your breakfast and realise the milk has gone off.  Yuck.  I had my cup of tea ready, my cereal in it's bowl but when I went to top up my tea the milk congealed and sat floating on the top in little lumps.  One sniff of the bottle confirmed the milk had turned.  Dag nabbit.  I'm not the same in the morning without my cereal and cup of tea.  Especially on a work day.  Bah!  I settled for jam on toast and...water but was determined to have a cup of tea when I got to work.  At this point Mystical Roo was at the gym so I had the idea to leave him a message to see if he could grab some milk on his way back.  I called his mobile, waited patiently and then realised there was somehting ringing in the bedroom.  Excellent.  Mystical Roo had gone out without his phone.  Shocking.  Anyway, I was sitting on the sofa scowling at my glass of water when I had the idea to try and send Mystical Roo psychic messages asking him to pick up some milk.  Psychic messages.  Worth a try.  So I focused on Mystical Roo, called his name in my head, gave the voice in my head a little woooey ghost noise and when I felt I had his attention started repeating milk over and over.  Then Milk for Stalky.  Then, bring back milk for Stalky.  I put a lot of concentration into my psychic messaging and thought I'd done a good job of communicating my message but when Mystical Roo returned there was no milk.  Such dissapointment.  Didn't you get my messages?  What messages?  My psychic messages?  Ok............So I guess psychic messaging Mystical Roo didn't work.  Perhaps my signals were squiffy and got lost on the way.  If my sense of direction is anything to go by it wouldn't be a surprise.  So if anyone out there comes home with a random bottle of milk but isn't sure why, it could be because you've picked up squiffy Stalky signals!  However you milk donation would be kindly received. 

2 comments:

  1. And what's wrong with coffee and bits of floating cottage cheese? Sounds like an interesting combination to me.

    Come to think of it, try asking for a CCC the next time you visit a café? (Coffee/Cottage Cheese) It could become a TREND.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Rabby may have received the message instead. He came home with some milk yesterday. Althought it might have been due to the fact that we'd run out and he went to the shop specifically to buy some.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...