Pages

29 June 2011

Little Stalky Gets Her Jazz On

As you can probably see, I've been playing with the design of my blog page.  I just can't help myself.  It's like redecorating.  I get bored of the current decor and then decide to go ahead and change it.  And what better way to express myself than through leopard print borders and wacky writing.  But I understand that this is perhaps a bit offensive to the eyes so I shall consider toning things down a bit to make it easier for my readers to actually read.  I just got excited with all the new design tools that I found.  I get carried away.  But I know what it's like to try and use a website that is trying to be too creative.  It can be downright annoying.  Especially when you get those pages that are so over the top that you can't actually find anything.  You have this crazy introduction page that wants to play music and force you to watch as various elements zoom around the page.  It seems to be challenging you to catch one of these zooming objects with your mouse before you can even get into the main hub of the information.  Those websites drive me loopy.  Especially if I'm on the slow laptop as it just struggles to load anything.  Or if you're at work and this random music starts blaring out of the speakers.  Annoying.  And very unnecessary.  At the end of the day you just want easy navigation and be able to find the things that you want to find.  But a bit of style is ok, right?  So I'll take another look at my design and try to make it slightly less jazzy.  I'll try to combine easy to use with a little bit of jazz.  Watch this space.  

2 comments:

  1. Can't you use that super shot of the little kangeroo you took as a header. Something soft and fluffy and awww! This jazzy one is fun but just too much at breakfast time...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...