Pages

04 June 2011

Little Stalky Gets Super Powers

I've recently discovered that I have powers.  The power to bring basil back to life?  The power to defeat rogue pigeons and land dwelling sharks?  The power to re crown trolley dude as dude of the trolleys?  No.  I have the power to control the television with the power of blinking.  Confused?  Yes, I am, all the time.  Mystical Roo and I own a somewhat dodgy DVD player.  We had to buy a new one when we arrived here so that we could play Australian DVDS.  Having not invested great amounts in this DVD player it can get a bit fussy sometimes.  If the disc is slightly old or scratched then the DVD player will throw a huge hissy fit and take it out on the film.  Often we find that the film will stop or leap forward or back a chapter.  This can normally be resolved with some grumbling and cleaning of the DVD.  Now I can't do anything about the leaping but I have seem to mastered control over the freezing.  No need for grumbling and cleaning anymore.  Not with magical Stalky and her blinking powers of wonder.  Cue the ominous goat!  The other day the DVD we were watching froze and we both sighed knowingly.  But something came over me and I stopped Mystical Roo from leaping to his feet to do some grumbling and cleaning.  Instead, I focused my attention on the screen and blinked.  And the screen leapt back into life as the DVD carried on its merry way.  All because I had blinked at it.  Now I'm not boasting or anything but I've successfully blinked three times and have solved our freezing issues.  On three separate occasions.  Coincidence?  I think not. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember that eerie music at Terror Towers? Well, I'm hearing it now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...