Pages

26 June 2011

The Dangers of Overzealous Cuddling

Today I'm in a lot of pain due to the hurting of my neck.  Now I'm not really sure what I've done to my neck but I imagine it's something along the lines of a trapped nerve.  Everything was fine when I first got up this morning.  I padded into the kitchen to find Mystical Roo making a cup of tea and I did what I normally do - I leapt in for a cuddle.  Well I think it was my overzealous cuddling that caused the damage to my neck.  After having a cuddle I suddenly became aware of a twinge in my neck that then developed into full on pain.  Who knew that cuddling could be so dangerous!  The pain is in the left side of my neck and reaches down into my shoulder.  I can't move my head without pain and I can't pick things up with my left hand without pain.  It's a pain!  I'm walking around in that way where you have to keep your head really still and as a result I look a little bit peculiar.  Mystical Roo has since rubbed some Deep Heat into the offending area so now I look a bit peculiar and smell a bit peculiar.  The Deep Heat helped a little bit but I'm never sure if it's worth the smell.  Not even sure what that smell is but I associate it with soreness and injuries.  Bad smell association.  Apart from being in pain, which is not very pleasant, the bad neck is stopping me from doing the most basic of tasks.  It took me five minutes just to try and get a hair clip in.  I had to wash my face with one hand.  We went to do a quick shop in Woolworths and I had to watch what I picked up.  Worse than that, I couldn't be on Trolley Dude spotting duty because I couldn't move my head.  Oh the frustration!  So now I'm sat at home, wrapped in my Snuggie and trying to keep as still as possible.  I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to fix the neck and I'm not sure how long I'll be out of action for but with Mystical Roo bound for Adelaide, I hope things sort themselves out pretty sharpish.  In the meantime I'm going to become better acquainted with the Deep Heat and raid the fridge for chocolate.  

3 comments:

  1. I think you've pulled your Cuddilious maximus muscle! The cure (as all doctors will tell you) is to stop drinking and smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I know how painful that can be. And usually triggered by some innocuous movement. Ibuferon, rest and patience. (You could also try some gentle head movements)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about a little tipple of wine. Just to soothe my aches....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...