Pages

24 June 2011

Little Stalky Milks the Resin

Yesterday I went into work with Mystical Roo to help prepare a couple of orders.  This involved much weighing of resin which, in my mind, is very much like the milking of a cow.  Not that I've ever milked a cow, but this is what I imagine it might be like.  If a cow had taps.  Ok, I guess it's nothing like milking a cow but it still reminds me of the milking of a cow.  But cows aside, the weighing of resin involves Mystical Roo giving me a weight and Little Stalky drawing out resin until the scales indicate I have hit the correct weight.  It's fairly straight forward but a hundred buckets later the palms of my hands were really starting to hurt.  I think this is partly from the constant turning of the tap and partly because my weak girl like hands can't get the lids on the buckets properly.  That is a tough job.  I had to leave that to Mystical Roo because it got to the point where my hands were feeling bruised.  He's got proper man hands so he was ok.  As well as sore hands I now have a sore butt.  And you might wonder what on earth this has to do with the weighing of resin.  It's less to do with the actual weighing of resin and more to do with sitting on a tiny plastic bucket because you're too lazy to go and find a bigger bucket.  I spent most of the day weighing resin and labelling buckets and it absolutely knackered me.  I got home, cooked up a chili and then went into zombie mode.  What a wuss!  And I wasn't even doing that much physical work.  Mystical Roo and Ammy - yes Ammy - do this all week.  They're hardcore.

2 comments:

  1. Why does one weigh 'resin'? What is 'resin'? What does one do with 'resin'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of like glue and Mystical Roo uses it to make mystical, magical paving......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...