Pages

19 June 2011

Someone Disses the Duck

Stalky fans may know that I in turn am a huge fan of The Hungry Duck.  I love the Duck.  And as a contributor to Trip Advisor I have obviously given it a rave review.  Because it's very, very good.  But it would seem that my review has offended someone.  I would like to share with you, the email that I received in response to my review:

Dear Little Stalky,


I'm pleased that you had such a lovely time at the Hungry Duck. I was a bit concerned at your somewhat evangelical eulogy espousing the joys of the establishment. I think you need to open your eyes to the dining experience and perhaps try some places outside Greater Berry. Rest assured there are far more tantalising restaurants awaiting your epicurean investigation.
Kindest regards,


Fivestartraveller1 and Clare

Well, I was actually quite cross when I found this lingering in my inbox.  It just struck me as really rather rude and patronising.  Frankly, if I want to espouse the joys of the Hungry Duck then that is my right.  I'm sure it's something called freedom of speech.  Yes.  That's it.  And why would you assume that because I had eaten at and subsequently reviewed the Hungry Duck that I hadn't dined outside of Berry?  I'm from England for Christs sake (oooh is that more evangelical behaviour) so of course I've eaten outside of Berry.  I'm actually a rather well travelled Little Stalky and there aren't many cuisines that I haven't tried.  This ruffled my feathers so much that I actually replied.  But I'm a polite kind of girl (most of the time) so I kept my response clean and to the point, despite my urge to tell this person to shove it up their ass.  Anyway, on further investigation it seems that this reviewer didn't enjoy their experience at the Hungry Duck. I can only assume this is due to a taste bud malfunction of some description.  Though personally I picture this reviewer as one of those people who just like to complain about everything. This can only be the case for someone who actively seeks out a fellow reviewer just to tell them that their opinion is wrong.  How can my opinion be wrong when it's my opinion.  Honestly!  Anyway, I think I've given this person far too much of my time and attention already.  But I felt the need to share.  To vent.  And I feel much better for it.  Thank you for listening.   

3 comments:

  1. Some people always look for the bad; others always see the good. I'm glad to hear you replied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just had a look at the reviews. 2 five stars; 1 one star! Doesn't add up, does it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I shall just have to come and try it out for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...