Pages

30 July 2011

Compost Anxiety Dreams

I dream every single night.  I can't remember the last time I went to sleep without having some sort of dream.  And they're always really vivid and long winded.  It makes me wonder if I ever actually get a proper night's sleep with my brain conjuring up what it does.  I've been known to talk in my sleep, shout in my sleep and even scream in my sleep.  All because of the dreams - or nightmares - that are whizzing through my head.  Last night was no exception but I now appear to be having anxiety dreams about my garden.  Yes, anxiety dreams about the garden!  I was initially pleased by my dream because in Little Stalky dream world I'd found a worm in the compost.  Good times.  The thyme had also inexplicably burst into flower.  But in my dream it wasn't the thyme, but the oregano.  But in dream world it was definitely the thyme.  See, dreams make no sense.  No wonder I wake up screaming.  Anyway, the dream took a turn for the worse when I realised that someone had pruned my lemon tree down to no more than a stub, the strawberries had gone missing and whilst my back was turned examining these horrors, some bugger had gone in and nicked off with my compost.  This seemed to upset me the most because on realisation that someone had stolen my compost I woke myself up with two bursts of "no!" and a thrashing of my legs.  I was having a hissy fit in the bed.  I was stomping my feet.  I was still a little dazed and confused until I felt Mystical Roo's hand on my arm giving me a comforting squeeze.  Good old Mystical Roo.  He stroked my arm for a while but I'm pretty sure he fell asleep.  Still holding my arm.  He's very sweet to try and comfort me but he'll no doubt find it strange that I was shouting out over my compost.  Even I find it a little strange that I was shouting out over my compost.  I'll just have to focus on the positive aspects of that dream.  And on that note, I'm going to check my compost to see if there really is a worm!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...