Pages

03 July 2011

No One Likes Telstra but They Do Good Adverts

Ah Telstra.  I'm not sure I've met another person in this country who actually like Telstra.  They're a major telephone service provider - like BT or something - but their customer service is appalling.  If something goes wrong then it's impossible to actually speak to someone who can fix it.  You get transferred to several different people, all of whom want you to explain your problem from the start before deciding they can't help you and transfer  you to someone else.  It's a nightmare.  It's like they're too big for their own good.  Actually, the other day, Telstra actually transferred a call through to me.  In the holiday park.  I answered the phone and this man immediately launched into the problems he was having with his phone line.  I had to politely interrupt and suggest he had the wrong number as I was a receptionist at a holiday park and had nothing to do with phone lines.  The man asked if I was joking.  I confirmed that I was not.  He then advised me that Telstra had actually transferred him through to our number.  I commented (sarcastically) that Telstra were brilliant.  He agreed and then put the phone down.  I think I was the most helpful person he'd spoken to all day.  But I must say as bad as my experiences with Telstra have been, they do some excellent adverts.  My favourites are the 1234 ads, which star "sock".  These are great and always make me laugh.  If only Telstra could bring their customer service up to the same standard as their ads then they'd make a lot of people very happy.

            

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. Not my all-time favourite ad'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have seen their customer service department you can't be surprised at the problems. I'm sure socks try hard but do they understand phones?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...