Pages

22 July 2011

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

OK, it's been raining now for a full week.  A week of rain!  I'm so over it.  I feel the rain has made its point, its done its thing, its made things wet.  Now it needs to move on.  Move on and away.  All I've heard, night and day, is the drumming of rain on the roof and on the windows.  Sure that can be relaxing at times; tucked up in bed, relaxing in the bath, but only at times.  In small doses.  A week's worth of rain is excessive if you ask me.  The plants are cross, I can tell.  They do not appreciate this much rain.  They don't like sitting in puddles.  I was out on the balcony again this morning, in my leopard print wellies, clearing out the drain and urging the rain water to shift its way down the drain.  I got a soaking coming back from the library yesterday, but then that's probably my own fault for going out without an umbrella.  Not the brightest idea I'll admit but I blame the rain.  It's sending my brain all fuzzy!  I think even the ducks are over the rain.  Lovely weather for ducks?  No!  They're over it.  They're done living up to their stereotype so they've packed up their bread and they've waddled away from the pond because they're over the rain.  It's too much.  The skies are grey, the seas are churning and everyone is moping around wondering where the heck the sun has got to.  There are puddles on puddles.  There are lakes in fields.  There are waves in the harbour!  My hair is constantly frizzy.  It's impossible to make it to the car without getting a soaking.  My toes are cold.  I'm complaining!  And oh look, here comes another downpour.  What a shocker.  That's it.  I'm off to build an ark! 

3 comments:

  1. What a strange weather pattern happening around the world. We have had not a full day of sun since summer started, and that's very unusual for us. And we have definitely had a record amount of rainfall I'm sure of it. Weird. Weird. Weird. Is this a sign of things to come? Oh I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy here too. Other than being essential for life on earth, I do like the sound of it on my roof windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope not too. We had a wash out of a summer just gone by. I've got my fingers crossed that this summer will be a better one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...