Pages

19 August 2011

Flowers Mean Fruit

Earlier on in the month I reported that the lemon tree had a) been invaded by aliens and b) was growing a random red bud.  Well the aliens have gone but the random red bud is getting bigger and bigger and has led me to believe that this may well be the beginnings of   a flower.  Not only that but lots more little red buds have popped up.  More flowers?  I am beyond excited by this development.  Surely this means that the lemon tree is alive and well!  The buds continue to grow and I check on them every day.  I feel that with Spring approaching the lemon tree may soon go into bloom.  And I've been told that flowers mean fruit.  Even more exciting!  But I've also been told that young lemon trees shouldn't have too much fruit or they won't cope.  So I'll see how the red buds develop, let them flower and if it looks like there is too much lemon activity then I'll pull a few off.  I won't like doing it but I'll do it for the good of the tree.  So I guess now I'll just wait, watch and see what happens.  

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you. Maybe I should buy a lemon tree for us too. One can never have enough lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be wonderful to pick your own lemons. We've got melons, but not lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back out there today and there are loads and loads of little red buds. Woo the lemon tree. Woo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...