Pages

08 August 2011

Little Stalky's Dodgy Leg

Today I'm walking with a bit of a limp.  No, I wasn't attacked by a land dwelling shark.  No, it's not some weird Stalky scheme to get attention.  No, I did not fall up or down the stairs.  This is a recurring thing that I've had for as long as I can remember.  It's kind of like a dodgy hip or something.  I don't know.  All I know is that one minute things are fine and the next minute my left leg just locks up.  When I put weight on it I get a shooting pain in my leg, hip and lower back.  Not cool.  Not only that but when I'm sat down, you know, just chilling out, it kind of aches.  I think I damaged something many years ago trying to do the splits or something and now it pops up once in a while to annoy me.  The thing is I don't really know what sets it off.  It's never something major.  It's not like I get back from a jog and go oooh, my leg hurts.  I don't fall over or catch myself at a funny angle.  I don't do anything in particular.  I'll just get up or I'll take a step and all of a sudden it's there.  How evil is that!  What kind of crazy leg pain does that to a person.  So this kicked off last night and there was much moaning.  It was a bit lost on Mystical Roo though, who had just got back from not one but two games of football.  This was the day after he'd played another two games of football.  So Mystical Roo was hurting too.  We were both hurting.  We're probably both still hurting.  The only thing is I get to go to the office for the day but Mystical Roo has to go and work on site.  I guess I've got it easier.  You've got to feel sorry for the girls at work.  They've got to put up with me today and my dodgy leg.  Luckily for me Ammy is giving me a lift to work so at least there won't be too much walking.  Normally the dodgy leg gets bored of annoying me after a day or two so I'm hoping it won't be lurking too much longer.  In the meantime I shall try to control my complaining.

2 comments:

  1. Dr Cro says: Sounds like sciatica; bad lower back, pain down leg. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Hope it goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...