Pages

27 August 2011

Lip Gloss in the Wind: Foolish

The other day I went to the fish market to get some fish.  On that day it was pouring with rain and blowing a gale.  But I had to get the fish.  I was cooking dinner for Monster Noggin and Mystical Roo and not having fish was simply not an option.  Fish had to be got.  But it was ok because I've been out in those conditions before.  You simply have to go out prepared.  So I donned my leopard print wellies, Mystical Roo's rain jacket, I grabbed my umbrella and I wandered out into the wild weather.  Oh yeah, I'd also put on some lip gloss.  Honestly, what kind of numpty puts on lip gloss before heading out into the wind and rain.  It's foolish, plain and simple.  Why?  Because lip gloss is sticky and in wind and rain it acts as a magnet for anything flying around.  I'd also neglected to tie back my hair.  So I stepped out into the weather and cursed myself the whole way there and the whole way back for the stupid application of lip gloss.  I was constantly plucking my hair away from my lips as various strands became stuck to the lip gloss.  And that's no easy task.  You have to do it carefully and considerately.  Get it wrong and you'll end up dragging lip gloss covered hair across your face, therefore giving yourself little smears on your cheeks and forehead.  It's not a good look and try as you might you can't pass it off as war paint.  No, lip gloss in the wind is never a good plan.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...