Pages

23 August 2011

Oats Are the Answer

For someone who used to eat nothing but Weetos (oh how I miss them) I've recently been getting rather experimental with my breakfast cereal.  I've been trying healthier options and seeking morning fuel that will keep me going for longer.  May I just say that oats seem to be the answer.  They don't taste of much - they're really boring actually - but my God do they keep hunger at bay.  Normally I'm at the biscuit barrel by 10.00 but with the oats I'm fine until lunch.  Result.  But I can't just eat oats.  They really are far too boring.  I've been mixing them with fruity cereal to try and up the flavour factor.  This seems to work well.  Much better than a dodgy sugar puff equivalent that I recently tried.  I was on the toast less than half an hour after a bowl of those things.  To quote Mystical Roo, you'd be better off eating air.  No more dodgy sugar puffs for Little Stalky.  Oats are the answer!  As long as I'm not refilling the oat container...

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you would like my oat and raisin cookies. I'll make you some when I come over!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...